Editing off external - safest way to backup?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DtoneH, Jan 9, 2014.

1. DtoneH macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I recently switched over from a Desktop (Windows 8/Vegas) to a 15'' rMBP w/ FCPX. Loving FCPX! Can't believe I didn't make the switch sooner.

Anyways I'm doing all of my editing off a OWC External Enclosure 3TB Seagate (Mini Display to FW). Everything is smooth sailing though I was wondering if there's a way to have everything auto back up to another drive (I'm overly cautious)? I'm quite unfamiliar in this area.

I have a second OWC External Enclosure and 3TB Seagate - can I do something with this?

Thanks for any help!

2. simsaladimbamba

You could use CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper! To make autmated 1:1 backups from one device to the other.

3. foodog macrumors 6502a

foodog

I have a pretty fast internet connection and though I don't get instant backups I do have the peace of mind barring the end of the world my data is safe for 50.00 a year. Backblaze.com Use the second enclose as Time Machine or CCC. My fear if if the house the primary computer and external storage gets robbed, burns down etc everything including the back is gone.