editing .pdf files....office? preview? please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dougens, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dougens macrumors member

dougens

hello
    sorry if very simple question but can't work out how to edit .pdf files and add text. i.e. on application forms. I have tries to open with preview and word and cannot edit any of the text.
    please help.
    thanks for any help.
    :)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try Adobe Acrobat. If the form has been designed for text input then it will allow you to do that. If it has not, you are SOL. The only thing to do then is to turn your answers into images, paste them into the approprate locations and recompile the form.

TEG

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I believe Acrobat Professional allows editing of PDF forms

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If the form was set up originally for text input then you should be able to fill it in using Acrobat Reader. If not, you can add text using the annotation feature of Preview, then save the PDF.

5. dougens thread starter macrumors member

dougens

thanks for help
    got it working fine now with acrobat reader..:D

6. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

You can actually edit, and add, text in Acrobat Pro.

You can also make fillable fields in Acrobat Pro that Acrobat reader will then use for people who need to fill out that form.

7. bananaquit macrumors member

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I can't get Preview to fill or annotate PDF files. I'm trying to fill out PDF job applications but have been unsuccessful so far. Do I need Acrobat professional? I have tried FormulatePro and it works pretty well, but it takes time to get things lined up correctly, and I'm wondering if Acrobat Pro would be more efficient. Thanks

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Again, if it was actually created as a form, then you can use the free Acrobat Reader. Not Preview, not Acrobat Professional, Acrobat Reader.

9. bananaquit macrumors member

Thanks for your help, and your patience. I still can't fill the forms in with the reader, so I assume they don't allow that feature.

10. keltorsori macrumors regular

Unless the form is setup as a fillable pdf you'll need Acrobat Pro to do anything with it.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not "anything." You can still use the annotation features of Preview, but it's limited.