Editing Playlists On-The-Go

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jmann, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any app/tweak that would let me edit my playlists on-the-go without having to sync to a computer?

Edit- for clarification I want to be able to edit an existing playlist, not the "on-the-go" one.

2. thetoucher macrumors newbie

You got to be joking.

ummm..using the on the go playlist editor on ur touch?

3. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I think he meant an existing one, not the On The Go one.

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Im very interested in the prospect of this, although i really dont think itll happen. Im a big playlists guy and would love to add or remove songs from playlists on the go. Instead i just write a note in Notes to remember when I get home.

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Snap :)

6. rd261 macrumors regular

top rated playlist

What I do is assign ratings to all of my songs. The ones that I want on my top rated play list I assign 4 or 5 stars, when I get bored of a song I just give it 3, 2, or 1 star. The ipod will take that song out of the play list automatically without using a computer.

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Ahh, clever

8. mBox macrumors 68020

This sounds great but for our needs (cover band) we require to change sequences (pre-made audio tracks basically replacing a keyboard player) in-between sets, specially when you dont an computer handy.
    is there a iPod Touch hack or app for this?

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

10. mBox macrumors 68020

I also heard that the SDK wont allow this or am I wrong? I would love an iconic based song list that you can drag in order. I can see this being used for many things e.g. audio/video playback for events.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

SDK won't allow it, that is correct. Why? Because Apple refuses to allow anything that competes improves iTunes. As it stands they seem pretty convinced that iTunes is the cheese and no one can find a fault or shortcoming.

12. mBox macrumors 68020

yea that's the talk amongst Apple users. Kind of dumb if you think about it. iTunes cant be replaced for purchasing products as far as their core. I just want to select specific songs. It puzzles me that you cant play a song once and auto-pause. Drives my drummer batty when a sequences sneaks its way in there. I fixed all that by adding 10-20sec of dead air. I guess Ill have to look at another option.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Me too, I'd love to edit a playlist on the go because that is where I decide I wish to add or remove a song most often. But alas .. Apple. ;)

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm sure if someone who knew c+ or what ever other language developers use could easily put this together as a 3rd party thing without the need of the sdk. But that is were we fail we don't have a developer we can ask by the looks

15. Anime-e macrumors newbie

16. mBox macrumors 68020

I gues this is still a no go subject? I cant beleive there is not hack app thatll let you create your own playlist. Id love to this with videos too specifically if you wanted to have a collection of training videos that you want played in succession and be able to edit the order anytime.