Editing SENTBOX emails - can't?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by patent10021, Aug 19, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

WTF

All email programs you can go into the sent box and double-click or drag a sent email out to the DRAFTS box and edit it and resend it.

It saves a lot of time especially when you need to send a new email to the same mult-recipients but edit the mail message.

It's just all together a good feature that all email programs can do except iOS.

Anyone know a trick around this?

Thanks

2. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

Why don't you just copy the text and then start a new email? It seems a lot easier than moving a message from Sent -> Drafts, then going to Edit it..

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Because I don't care about the text. Like you said, it's easy to copy and paste.

It's an email I sent to about 50 people. As you know on the iPhone it's quite the process to manually select multiple contacts. Especially when you have many contacts you're not familiar with so you have to go hunting for their names again.

That's why there are many 3rd part apps that handle mult-recipient emails much better than Apple Mail.

I'm trying to use/recycle the sent email to save me from having to manually search and select those same 50 people again.

I made a typo/mistake in the original email message body so I just want to go into that same sent email, change a word and boom...send it to the same mult-recipient list.

This is very easy to do on all Macs and PCs.

It's just editing an email in the SENTBOX which them becomes a DRAFT.