Editing the AppStore purchased history

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RebeccaL, Jun 12, 2011.

1. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anyone knows if there is a way to remove items from the new purchased section in the iPhone AppStore and iTunes?

This is a great feature, but it gets tiring to have all the crappy lite/free versions of apps you downloaded once to try. There should be a feature to only list paid for apps.

2. iBryton macrumors regular

Correct, or atleast view the apps separately from the ones that costed money, to the ones that were Free.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Sadly there is no way to do so. These are all the apps tied to your account from when the App store opened. If you were able to remove applications, in order to get them again you would have to repurchase them.

4. Gib macrumors member

Gib

I agree with the OP. I'd like to be able to manually select a few apps to not show up in the purchase history and/or be used for genius recommendations.

Repurchase lite/free apps? That's fine. They are still free...

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

It would be nice to remove a few fart apps, jiggle boobs etc. :)

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

What happens if you delete those apps from all iDevices, iTunes, etc?

7. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

They still appear.

For me the main problem is that I have downlowaded lots of demos (lite/free) and either, disliked them or purchased the paid version. All those demos make for a lot of clutter.

In the Kindle (and kindle apps) there is a similar system where all purchased books appear in an archive where you can donload them. There is the ability to delete them from the account and it works fine, have never heard of complaints.

Sure if a similar sistem is implemented on the Appstore you would have to repurchase if you delete the app. But people would be deleting the free useless ones so no problem there.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Prices change over time. Some apps are free for a certain period of time and then are paid again.

10. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

At least if Apple does not implement a delete function a la Kindle, They could make a way for people to hide apps they have no interest in downloding again.

11. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Can't you do this in itunes by selecting the app and then hitting delete? Like you can with songs?
    Or am I misunderstanding you?

12. jas1973 macrumors 6502

no you can not edit it in in itunes... your entire purchase history is stored in icloud so you can at anytime go back and re download an app you have deleted

13. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Ah, I see now what she's getting at. Ignore me. :eek: Yeah, that lack of functionality is going to be annoying. Everytime you want to re-download something you have to scroll past the vuvuzula app and all the other nonsense you downloaded for 2 seconds 3 years ago on a whim?

14. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Exactly. When you have hundreds of useless demos and crAPPS it gets tedious to find the ones you need.

15. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Yeah, sigh, I figured that out right after I posted. Ignore me.:)

16. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I kinda wish there was a way to delete them. There are a lot of apps I've downloaded that I'll never want again. Nonetheless, I understand why Apple wouldn't allow you to delete them, because it wouldn't be long before they start getting emails from customers whinging about how they accidentally deleted an app from their history and they want it back or that their kids deleted them all.

Perhaps just a way to search them on iOS would be good, since I would likely know the name of the app I want to reinstall.

17. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Don't worry. :)

18. RebeccaL thread starter macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There is a search function but it's kinda hidden. When you go to the list of purchased apps in iOS scroll to the top (finger down) and a search bar will appear.

19. shandyman Suspended

you can just search if you know the name.