editing thread titles

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by redgaz26, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I posted a thread and forget something in the title, so I went to edit the message pressed advanced and changed the title of the thread!
    but the title of the thread is only changed when you click on the thread and view it, not when looking at it in the lists of threads!! is this right:confused:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Are you talking about Forum Spy? Because that will only use the new name once someone else posts in it.

The forum listing will update, it just takes a little while.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You can't change the thread title by going into advanced, it will only change it in the thread itself, not on the whole list.

If you made an error, you can double click the row that your thread is in.

Say like this thread, if you are looking at with all the other threads, double click right by s in the end of "titles", and you can change it from there. This only works for a certain period of time though.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Actually, generally, editing the first post's title should cause the thread title to change as well, unless something has caused the two to be different from each other already (e.g. we've merged threads together so that the first post has a different subject than the thread title already).

It looks like your post was made originally from the mobile version of Macrumors on your iPhone... I don't know if that's a special case, too, that behaves differently.

5. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i see what you mean, I double clicked on the title on this thread and for a second I could edit but then it opened the thread!!
    guess I'll have to take more care in the future!

yes it was made on the mobile version!!
    that maybe the problem then! thing is without the word "mail" which should be in the title it's not something people may pick up on unless they go in and read the thread!
    what i was saying was that if someone sends me a link to an app and I click on the link on my phone it will not take me to the app store but opens safari instead.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Whenever you have trouble editing a thread title, you can report your own first post in the thread and ask the moderators to change the title for you. I'm sure they will be glad to help.

7. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

9. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Thread closed as a lot has changed since 2008!

B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.