Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
My wife has the Edition ceramic Apple Watch 2 with the cloud band. Does anyone know whether or not this band is water resistant?

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I'm not sure that it's identical to a sport's band, but it's the only band that Apple ships with the ceramic Edition watch.

I'm 99.9% sure it's just a normal sports band in a special colour.

It says the following on the Apple site "White Ceramic Case with Cloud Sport Band".

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
The above comment is correct. Apple stated the band is sport band so it is water resistant.

Perhaps I'm fussy, but immersion in water does seem to affect the sports band. I have two sports bands that I alternatively wear while swimming with my SS Apple Watch 2. It seems to me that the bands become water logged and thicker. This is most evident with the buckle that is almost flat against the wrist when closed before the watch has been immersed in water. After the watch has been used for swimming, the buckle no longer fits flat against the wrist but tends to bulge out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.