edu discount in-store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by donminer, Jun 3, 2007.

1. donminer macrumors newbie

Does apple give educational discounts in the physical apple stores (not online)? I'm not living somewhere I can get stuff mailed to.

Thanks.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Hardware definitely yes, I think maybe not on software though.

3. donminer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I'm going to buy a MBP when they get updated.

thanks.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Correct. Hardware edu discounts in brick and mortar (B&M) stores is a go. Software is not discounted in retail stores.

5. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

i brought my little cousin to the store with me just to get the discount. she's in college and i'm not.they didn't have a problem with it. almost sure it just for hardware and iPods only the discount. i would check if i were u just to be sure.

6. warfa macrumors regular

what about the type of discount where you pay $99usd and you get a big discount? i don't remember what it was called and i cant seemed to find it at the online apple store!

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Apple Developer Connection (Student membership) AKA ADC membership. It is a once in a lifetime discount on one machine, however, so purchase wisely...

8. warfa macrumors regular

i am a student but i'm not a developer!! also, i would like to purchase it and use the discount for the MBP i plan to purchase on tuesday so how long does the process take? and it says that i will get a copy of the current osx, so does that include leopard?:D :D ...i dont think so but i thought i'd throw it out there!;)