Edu discount

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Daud, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Daud macrumors regular

What is your edu discount on say 2.5 Mac mini ?
    I see people mentioning both $779 price but also $749 ?
    Like here
    http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/
    Also some reports of success with the back to school promotion ?

2. jabbawok macrumors regular

jabbawok

I found it varies. If you log into the edu store from your college network its cheaper.

3. Sdevante macrumors 6502

Log on while on campus? Or somehow long on through the college website?

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I don't know if it makes a difference in the US. In the UK (where jabbawok lives) it is cheaper if you are on your uni network as Apple has a special online store specifically for university students. The UK system is unusual so it may well be different for you.

5. Daud thread starter macrumors regular

Called the campus store to verify the pricing I can see online. Confirmed that the edu discount for ASU is $20 on the current generation, was $50 for the previous one and that the BTS promotion is not applicable.

6. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Are the prices the same when you check with your ASU connection and non-ASU connection?

My experience has been that they are the same.

7. Daud thread starter macrumors regular

I won't get there until mid August to check. How much is it showing for you ?

It would be nice to combine the $ x0 edu discount with the Shop Discover 5%off...

8. JamSandwich macrumors regular

I ordered mine through an "employee" store recently opened for staff in my company. (Previous employers have had the same "EPP" stores). Thought about inquiring at the Apple Store to pay the same rate, but with past employers I've had varying degrees of success on that front, and I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

In my experience, the prices have been on par with typical education store levels here in Canada. For the 2.5 Mini, that's the nice round number of $751.