Educated opinions needed regarding new imac purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Champ2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Champ2 macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2010
    Hello people,

OK, after a long time saving I am ready to purchase my new imac on monday Im just going for the base range as this appears it will meet my needs.

Recently I have seen more and more leaks regarding an impending ilife release. I put off buying an imac at refresh because of the rumors that a new ilife was coming very soon.

But now (next week) I have a week off work and it is the perfect time for me to buy an imac me time to have a play :)

I would just like feedback from you guys regading your thoughts on an ilife 11 release coming soon?

how soon do you think? I can take it if its a few weeks away but not if its this tuesday coming lol

Do you think there will be a keynote before hand?

Im just after an educated estimate

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Apple just held the iPod event so they would have released it there if it's coming out soon. I doubt we will see it before 2011. Besides, if it's released soon, you should be eligible for up-to-date program that sells you the disc for 10 bucks and even if you don't, it's only 79$. Not worth waiting for IMO
  3. stridemat Moderator

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2008
    I would agree, In the grand scheme of purchasing your iMac I wouldn't worry about the possible release of iLife.

Enjoy your new Mac.
  4. Champ2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2010