Education Applecare ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fulhamrback, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Fulhamrback macrumors newbie

I have just received my new MBP which was purchased with the full education discount which receives 3 year complimentary applecare i believe. Does anyone know how I registar for this or what I have to do to make sure that it is in place ? As a side note < this is my first Mac and I am so excited and cant wait to get home to begin using it.
    Thanks for any advice you can give

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

You can check to see your warrantee status at:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I believe the AppleCare is only covered for one year (unless you paid for the extra 2 years when you purchased approx $200 w edu discount) ... if not you can purchase the extended AppleCare anytime within the first year. ... Also you do not have to register anything as it is registered to the machine when you purchased ... basically Apple knows that machine has AppleCare.

Enjoy your new MBP :cool:

4. cmm macrumors 6502a

Some schools, including mine, have "special" configs that include 3 years of AppleCare, more ram and a bigger/faster HDD for less than a custom Mac bought with the regular educational discount.

OP: Register your computer and check that link.

5. Fulhamrback thread starter macrumors newbie

Just checked

Just checked on that link and it only shows one year , when the apple education website said three years , do you think I have to register for it ?

6. cmm macrumors 6502a

Always a good idea to register your computer but you'll probably need to call Apple to see what the issue is. I suspect it was miscommunication.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

just a reminder ... if you do not have the extended ... you still qualify to buy it at the educational discount (saves you @$50) ... most people wait until the first free year is near expiring ... just do not forget. :cool:

8. chockymonster macrumors member

If it's a UK purchase (going by username) and higher eductation discount then the applecare is an extra. It's dead cheap but still an extra. It can't be bought later for the same price either.

9. portakabin macrumors newbie

All mac computers bought with an education discount in the UK include an extended 3 year warranty. All that adding applecare to that will give you is extended telephone support. IMO not worth it.

HTH