Education/Corporate store discount

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by st0k3d, Apr 9, 2015.

1. st0k3d macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Watch will be eligible for a discount via the education or corporate store? I normally get a 10% on products through my company.

2. refslady macrumors regular

The Apple Education store lists the Watch at the same prices as everyone else. The Business store does not list the Watch at all.

3. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Can't you just log into the store and see?
    As a teacher i can tell you that there isn't any discount on the education site.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Good question. I don't think anything has been mentioned about this. I would think the only way to know is if the watch appears on the business or education Apple online stores. At a guess I would say no it won't purely because
    I don't think it would be regarded as an essential business or education purchase.

5. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

im guessing maybe its pre order? then few weeks or so it will show the differences ? i never bought with discount on apple unlike i did with microsoft all the time with my surface pros they give 10 discount for pre orders also:confused:

6. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Just checked royal mail's app,e site as well and it also does not list the watch for sale. Only the education site which has it at the same price.

Hardly surprising.

7. st0k3d thread starter macrumors member

I can and did, it is not listed on the Corporate store at all (yet). However this does not mean it will not show up. I am sure it is just a boolean isCorporateDiscount type value in there database. I was asking to see if anyone had information other than just checking the store. I am assuming it will not carry a discount.

8. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

From past experience, laptops and accessories usually have a corporate discount on Day 1, but I've never seen an iPhone have a discount on day 1.

9. refslady macrumors regular

As you say, it is a guess. At this time, there is not a discount but if you have a business partner perhaps you can reach out to that person and get advised whether it would be advantageous for you to wait a few weeks.