Education discount advice (macbook pro + ipod touch)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by duder1234, Aug 15, 2009.

1. duder1234 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 15" macbook pro under the education discount to get a free ipod touch.

Is there a chance that the new gen. ipod touch will be available before the education discount runs out on Sept. 8?

Ideally, I'd like to get the best of both worlds--discounted macbook pro and fancy new ipod touch w/ the rumored camera thingy)--but it seems that probably won't happen. Which means it might be better to just order my new macbook sooner rather than later.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Won't happen. BTS promo is to clear stock before new ones come. Buy MBP + iTouch -> sell the iTouch and buy new one when it comes

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

It has happened the past couple of times Apple has run this promotion. There is no reason to think it will this time. It is usually 2 weeks or so after the promotion runs out before the new iPods are released. This is a good way to get rid of old stock.

4. duder1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. You are right. It makes no sense for apple to release the revision before the promo runs out.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

They have released new revision when BTS promo was still on but new ones were excluded from the promo