Education Discount After Purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by song41, Oct 20, 2008.

1. song41 macrumors newbie

I just ordered a BTO macbook last week and will be receiving very soon! :)
    Everything was fine until I found out that college students can get education discount! And that discount is a LOT of money.
    Yeah, it's a dumb mistake but as a new mac convert I wasn't aware of such discounts because I was never familiar with the concept considering that I have never seen a student discount from the PC world.
    I was wondering if I could get the discount after I bought the computer. I'm so unhappy with the fact that I could have saved so much money from BTO performance upgrade, apple care discount, and additional $100!
    Please share anything what you think I should do. Thanks in advance. I really don't want to live with the fact that I spent extra money than other students on campus with mac did.

2. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

Phone the education store and ask, see what they say. IMO you have no chance whatsoever.

3. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Same opinion here.... :cool:

4. joeridgway Guest

the long way round

A way i could see to do it if they dont give you a refund of the difference would be to not open it and send it back under the 14 days policy and order again through education store.