Education discount after the fact?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shelhed217, Mar 16, 2011.

1. shelhed217 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I switched my MBP this past Friday so I have a week and a half left to return it (video issues). I just realized today that I could have gotten an education discount as I am working at a university. Anyone know if I can get a refund for the difference? Or would I have to return it and rebuy it? Thanks

2. mike2732 macrumors member

No one but an Apple employee could answer that.. So just go and ask, if they say you can't get the difference, then just return it and rebuy -- they can't say no to that.

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Yes they will refund the difference. You can do it as long as your within the 14days.

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Make sure you have your school ID with you though.

5. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

There should be no problem getting a refund for the difference since it is within 14 days.

6. charactereducat macrumors newbie

Education discount after the fact?

You should get information about it from Apple employee.

7. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Most retailers will refund the difference within their return period as long as you have the receipt and present a valid ID provided by the university.

The best thing you can do is kindly ask the folks at the Apple Store or the authorized reseller from which you purchased your computer.

Best of luck, have a great day.