Education discount eligibility question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dbug, Oct 11, 2007.

1. dbug macrumors newbie

I am considering buying either a 15" MacBook Pro or a 24" iMac. What is confusing is who exactly is eligible for the education discount. I have two avenues that I think qualify, but would be curious as to what the forum "pros" think:

1) My daughter is in kindergarten (with Macs in the classroom)...could we qualify for the discount under this scenario?
    2) My wife volunteers at my daughter's elementary school (with Macs in the classroom)...could we qualify for the discount under this scenario?

I appreciate the guidance.

2. iSwitchd macrumors member

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I'm not sure either one of those scenarios would exactly work. I think you have to be involved within secondary education.

As a side note, I just bought a new iMac from Amazon that was actually a better deal than the education discount from Apple since they aren't charging taxes. So you might want to look into that.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....if you go online to the Apple Store and click on "education store" you are immediately given the following info for personal purchases:
    ...so, no, neither of your scenarios qualifies for the education discount. But, as has been mentioned, there *are* some good deals out there that match the education discount (whether it be by price, taxes, or added freebies like more ram, printers etc etc)....oh yeah!