Education discount help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Berius, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Berius macrumors member

I am starting Ohio State this winter. I have to start this winter due to some medical procedures taking place during October and November. I was wondering what apple considers a student. I have already been accepted but obviously have not started going to school yet.

Basically when am i going to be considered a student? Hopefully some time before i actually start attending classes.

2. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

All you need is that acceptance letter for purchases at the Apple store. Online, just choose the college. Apple does no verification for online purchases so you are safe. :)

3. Berius thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

Unfortunately it looks like this deal will end before i can wrangle up the money. :( I don't mind missing out on the $50 off of the mac air but that $100 app store credit would have been nice since I'm also planning on getting an iphone soon.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Typically I would log into the school website in front of an Apple employee. An acceptance letter will work though.

5. Berius thread starter macrumors member

The deal ends on the 20th would i still be able to get some sort of in store discount after that date?

6. mikeyangelo58 macrumors member

A few things...

The Education Discount for Apple computers is always available...

So you will still get $50 off the cost of your computer even if you make your purchase after the 20th...

Just remember you want to buy through the Apple Education Store...

Either mention your a student at an Apple Store or buy it Online...

You could also check if Ohio State has an Authorized Apple Education Store on campus...

The $100 Back To School Card is the only promotion ending on the 20th...

The card is only good for digital media from iTunes, iBookstore, & App Store.

Some people are selling their cards on eBay & CraigsList for less than $100...

If your really wanted a BTS card at a discount.

Also, you should know you get $100 off a qualifying printer if you purchase it with your Apple computer...

It is a Mail-In Rebate...

So you would have to pay for the printer first and have a rebate check mailed to you.

I know at least one of the qualifying printers is $99.95...

Should you can get a Free Printer if you need it...

Or even sell it if you don't.

:apple:

7. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

Also, refurbs are usually less than the Edu price. They don't come with the gift card, but you can still get the printer rebate with one. I just ordered a current model 13" MBP refurb for $150 less than the Edu price.