Education discount in Ireland?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jenko, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Jenko macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me how long will my education discount will last (I am in college in Ireland) after I finish my course in June this year. I know it seems like an odd question but what I am getting at is does the discount deal for students cut off straight away after you finish college or can you carry it on through the summer until the following academic year, which would be in september. I only ask as I am in the market for my first MBP and would like to take advantage of the free Ipod offer. I have been waiting this long as it has taken me a long time to raise the finances for a new MBP and I am waiting for the update. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Ignore the Spammer above:rolleyes:

At my University we can access the the HE discount website for as long as we have access to the University Network. It my case this is to September. How does the discount in Ireland work? I have to visit the HE store with a University IP address.

3. Igantius macrumors 65816

Under the T&Cs, you have to be a registered student of an education institution – although your course ends in June, do you actually cease being a student? Worth checking if you’re not sure. The reason I say that is in the UK with many courses, students are still students during the final summer period.

4. Jenko thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I am not sure what the situation is with regards to still being a student through the summer. I am in college on Monday and I will check this out with administration. Also I will try and get some info from our Apple on Campus Rep, although they are not always to be believed due to the fact that they want to sell as much as possible to you while they are at college in order to get their cut from you. Will let you know later in the week. Kind Regards.