Education discount/ Mail Rebate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fishface17, Jan 29, 2010.

1. fishface17 macrumors member

I'm planning on going to the Apple store this Sunday and buying a MacBook Pro. Will I be offered the Mail Rebate for the Printer and the Education discount? Or is it an Apple Online store thing?

I wouldn't want to go all the way to the store just to find out that I had to do it online to qualify for them.

Thanks

2. fishface17 thread starter macrumors member

3. redsox786 macrumors member

You can certainly go to the store and get both the education discount and mail in rebate for the printer. I just did the same thing about two weeks ago when I bought my MacBook Pro. Just be sure to have your college ID on you as they will ask for it to verify that you are a student.

4. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

call them and find out what you need for discount

5. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

6. craigc1264 macrumors newbie

As stated already, just bring your ID and be sure to mention that you are a student. I got a mail in rebate for buying the printer with my macbook. I'm not sure if that's the specific mail in rebate you are mentioning though, but I am sure it's the same process. You will get a receipt, and mention the rebate. They will instruct you on exactly what to do. It will all be done on your end. Go home, get online, fill out the numbers, and voila, you are done.

7. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I bought an iMac with the education discount along with a printer at an Apple Store. I used the id printed on the receipt to request the rebate via Apple's website and received a check about 4 weeks later. Easy peasy.

8. fishface17 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. I got the discount and the printer.