Education Discount Moral Dilemma...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bmstrong, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bmstrong macrumors 6502

I've got a brother and a sister both currently in KSU and both have offered to use the education discount to purchase a new MBP for my first computer.

Moral dilemma: Am I being shady by using this? Is this even allowed? Every penny helps in this economy but I'm not in school. Very cool of them to do this but I certainly don't want any trouble...

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If you're younger than they are (ie a student, but not in college yet) then I don't really think this goes against the spirit of using the discount.

If you're older and have a job, etc... then I don't think its quite the same.

That being said, many people do it.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It's called a loophole, and you will not be the first to do this. There is nothing wrong with it.

4. opera57 macrumors 6502

You might as well go for it. They are entitled for it, and there isn't exactly any rules against it. Enjoy the discount while you can! [​IMG]

5. colickyboy macrumors member

It is immoral if they're using your money to pay for it and you're simply taking advantage of a discount that's not offered to you.

It's not immoral if they're paying for it with their own money and then give the MBP to you as a free gift.

Justifying loopholes is why politics (and lawyers) are so corrupt. Of course there's something wrong with it.

Just b/c other people do it doesn't give you permission to do it. Other people murder but that doesn't mean you should go murder.