Education Discount...Not Much!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agrats84, Nov 27, 2007.

1. agrats84 macrumors member

I'm a high school teacher and everyone has told me that Apple has some great education discounts. I'm looking to buy a new iMac and online it is only $50 cheaper with no discount for software (Office StudentTeacher Edition & Quicken) or accessories. I thought it would be much greater so is this accurate or should I go to the store to purchase?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can purchase hardware at a retail store with proper ID however, you won't be able to redeem software discounts in store.

As for your discount, $50 off Quicken would probably be designed by Microsoft. I think it is possible that the discounts will vary from software maker to software maker. Your best bet also is to try the discount portal through your school. When I worked for a college I was able to go to a specific site for companies like AutoDesk and Adobe to get the pricing. If not I'd call the rep who is allocated to my state/region.

In the end, 50 bucks is 50 bucks. In my word that's two bottles of sapphire gin, or a bottle of spannire and a ton of diet tonic water and limes, or 5 bottles of everyday drinkable merlot, or if you smoke almost 10 packs of cigs (but I don't smoke so I could be wrong) or it's dinner for the family at Mc Donalds or dinner for two at say Claim Jumper. I mean $50 isn't exactly something to frown upon. :D

3. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

Educational Prices are a lot less now then it use to be. Now that Macs are becoming popular the discount doesn't go as far as it did before but still it is better then nothing...

You may find better deals with some PC educational pricing but they are not Macs...

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Dell doesn't seem to offer much of an education discount unless it's on their warranty coverage.

Has anyone else encountered something else?

5. Macintosh001 macrumors member

Macintosh001

Well Is not a big discount..but better a little than nothing.IF I were you I would buy the computer on the internet..The apple store online has good security,merchandise arrives in good condition,offers discounts and information about the products.Is very "comfortable" there is no need to go to the store and then see If someone makes you the discount and all those things...Just click and wait,there isn't the need to worry If the computer doesn't arrive since you can check how the order is.