Education discount Qs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by diman1881, Mar 11, 2009.

1. diman1881 macrumors newbie

Quick question... If I am taking a break from school, can I still use the Education discount? What is the criteria / check that Apple does? I see that my college is listed in the program.

thanks,

Also my girlfriends college is also registered and she is a current student, can I purchase the MB by selecting her school?

thanks!

2. pubb macrumors member

I don't think they are particularly strict, but bad karma awaits you if you falsify information. And it ruins it for those of us in the education field who appreciate not having to go through the tedium of faxing in orders with photo ID and/or requiring *.edu email addresses...particularly since my district doesn't have an *.edu domain.

Pubb

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you have current/valid student ID you should be OK even if you are chosen for a random check. Or just get your girlfriend to buy it and then there will be no issues at all.

4. portent macrumors 6502a

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041...mages/salespoliciesEdIndividual.html#topic-23

5. diman1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I decided not to take part in the education program for Karma and since I just found out that through work I qualify for the AED...
    :D

Does anyone know when the 20% off month is?

6. dubej macrumors newbie

20% off month? I've never heard of that but would like to take part!

7. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Using the education discount when it does not apply to you is not a good idea. I've heard people serving 5-10 years jail time. I also heard there was a case where someone got shown the guiletene...(from what I hear the person had a very large order).

8. diman1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

HAHAHAHA The point was that I can still be considered a student and more importantly my GF still is... :) either way the EPP discount seems to be a better deal either way.

9. hudsonCrossing macrumors member

you can avail of 1 desktop and 1 macbook per calendar year using AED

10. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Unless you're totally against the idea, I would go refurb. It gets you an even better discount than AED, and refurbs have a great track record.

11. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Never.