Education Discount Validation Process

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Hi,

I am wondering how Apple validates the educational discount. I will be going to college soon, do I have to be ATTENDING the college at the time or do I simply have to be ACCEPTED into the college with the intention of going? Like, could I purchase an Apple product during the Summer when I know I have been accepted and intend to go?

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
I would be purchasing online. The nearest Apple Store is nearly two hours from where I live.

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
You'd have to scan your letter of acceptance and email it to Apple. They'll let you know when and what address to send it to.

I had to verify my identity when I purchased my MacBook Pro from the refurbished store.

Tom J

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
Midwest
You'll be fine. In your case, a receipt or statement showing that you are registered for classes will suffice.
Between myself and my wife who are on-again-off-again college students and my four kids who I have all purchased Macs for, I've never had an issue with the education discount.

The letter of acceptance will probably work too. Apple's pretty good about that.