Education Discount - when does it expire?

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Just curious when the education discount on apple's store expire? I am wanting to buy a Macbook (Black) but don't know when I will get it...

I see the iPod offer expires on the 16th but I am not interested in that as I already have an iPod.

thanks for any info.

polythene pam

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2005
Florida
As far as I know it does not expire. What happens is you have a limit of one laptop per school year, using the discount. If you haven't bought one in the last couple of months, you should be fine.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I can't find the printed version, but I just bought a MacBook for my son, and it says "students, AND student's parents" qualify (obviously buying for a student) for a ONE TIME shot at such a discount, so there's no date expiration other than the 16th for the Nano offer. We just entered the uni where my son's enrolled, and went from there, but bought it on my account.

kevin7!

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2007
Educational Discount + iPod deal expiring on 9/16?

And what about that "Hurry - offer ends 9/16" regarding the College Student discount (Mac + iPod Nano). They have offered that program for a while now so are they discontinuing the iPod rebate all together? My hope is that they will create a new program to include the new iPod Nano.

The current program is evidently only valid with the old iPods.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The Mac +iPod promo for Education customers only occurs once a year...it typically runs July-ish through September-ish in the US for the back-to-school season. So once it's over, it won't be back until next summer, assuming they continue the trend of the last few years.

And yes, it's only good on the old nanos.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to ensure the discount would be around in October or November when I have my money!

Thanks!

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to ensure the discount would be around in October or November when I have my money!

Thanks!
We got the black and loaded it with 2 gb of RAM. Ordered in on a Saturday, and it arrived the next Wednesday. He's really happy with it. Good luck. ;)

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
This information is incorrect. Schools may allow only one purchase because they do leasing, offer a subsidy, etc. However, the official apple info is as follows:

"Who is Eligible To Purchase:
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
Apple TV: There is no limit on the quantity of Apple TV purchases per academic year
iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year"

I can't find the printed version, but I just bought a MacBook for my son, and it says "students, AND student's parents" qualify (obviously buying for a student) for a ONE TIME shot at such a discount, so there's no date expiration other than the 16th for the Nano offer. We just entered the uni where my son's enrolled, and went from there, but bought it on my account.

nc7r

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
You don't get Edu discount on iPods do you?

Not in the UK store last time I checked anyway!