Education discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iphone3gs, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Iphone3gs macrumors 6502

Price with education discount is different from online price to store price to over the telephone price.

Original price : £999
    online discount education: £939
    Store education discount:£877
    Telephone education discount:£852

Are people aware of this?

It would be nice to get it from the store, but over the telephone you have to wait for post.

2. theMilesP macrumors newbie

What? Is this only in the Uk? Because I ordered my mbpro last week using the educational price of $1149.99. So you are telling me I can get it cheaper if I call them?

3. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheaper if u call

Yeap.
    I got a better quotation over the Phone.I'll be present mine today as their wasn't any MBA update.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

5. hadassah77 macrumors newbie

This is great to know! I wonder if this is true in the US too. I am about to buy a MBP and find out...

6. Prhymeate macrumors member

My discount was the same, 16% in both the store and over the phone in the UK

7. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

This is what I get when I go onto the UK education store. The MBP which starts from £999 on the main store is listed as £858.93. That's around 14% discount which is the same as I have always got online, in store and by phone.

Attached Files:

8. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

9. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

hes talking bollocks... I just rang up the sales team... tried the edu uni discount and rang the local store.... same price everywhere

10. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I'm not sure, I have known there to be pricing errors on the UK education store (they were selling iWork for £15 for a couple of weeks a few years back). Nevertheless, the standard discount has been 14% on laptops and desktops however you buy for as long as I can remember. If they don't offer you that then it's worth checking.

11. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

exactly

12. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Years ago, it used to be 14%, at least that's what I got as a lecturer and I was told that it was the same as what HE students got.

However, I spent a year in a Russel institution and we got 15% there as far as I can recall. I never heard anyone getting 16% discount.

13. bigjobby macrumors 65816

I get the same as Satori but the OP might be at a different level of education and the online prices would change accordingly. I reckon the person on the phone assumed the OP was going to a uni rather than something like a community college where (I'm sure) the discounts are less.

14. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

Prices are different

Ask in store they will give you a qoute from their list for about £877 for a mbp 13,3 ".

Online price through education store gives only £939.

This ain't b#####ks check for yourself...not by phoning go have a visit and see the quote they give you.

15. wesrk macrumors 6502a

This is what I get,

regular online store UK:
    [​IMG]

education store UK:
    [​IMG]

Seems to be in line with the 14% discount that's being talked about here.

16. Asim91 macrumors newbie

I just got my 13" MBP pro with Uni discount in the UK for £893.00 (i also added a 350gb hard drive which around £35 more so it comes the same as the reply above):)

17. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Just got back from the Apple store, again bollocks. Same price showed them my uni papers and ID and was quoted the same price as every other area.

18. Prhymeate macrumors member

This is only on MBP's if that makes any difference. When I went to the apple store and asked how much the student discount was, I saw the percentages for different discounts on different items when the guy checked them in front of me on his iphone. When I ordered online it worked out at 16% cheaper too. The discount on macbooks, imacs etc is lower.

19. Iphone3gs thread starter macrumors 6502

Any recent good prices from education discount anyone's got recently

Well I got receipt showing I paid about £850 less then £855 for the MBP

Paid extra for iPod touch and printer

Got rebate for them both

£130 back for iPod touch
    And £70 or so back for the printer it was sept 2010

20. PirateMonkey macrumors member

I got my MBP for £936 discounted because I work in education. standard price is £999, not a massive saving and I was told by the school I work for afterwards they could have got the VAT taken off for me but I'll cry about that another day!