Education Discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mckenas, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Mckenas macrumors newbie

I am a college student and want to use my education discount to buy a new MBP but I want it know of course :D but I am moving Monday morning to the Twin Cities and could go to Mall of America Apple Store and buy it there but do I still get to use my discount in-store or not? Or does Best Buy have a education discount I don't think they do but it doesn't hurt to ask.

And for a side note for the people that have MBP's or Powerbooks do they last a good 3 years before coming outdated or slow?

2. mkgm1 macrumors regular

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK you can go into a store with your student ID card/proof of enrolment and get the discount. However, over here you don't get the free 3 yr warranty in store.

3. Mckenas thread starter macrumors newbie

Free 3 year warranty , was not sure that was included?

4. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

The education discount is available in stores, like in the UK, with some sort of proof that you're a student. Certain things are discounted online only, mainly software (all of it, I think).

5. sdfd504 macrumors regular

No you do not get the extended warranty here. I just purchased a MBP myself and instead of using my EDU discount I purchased an ADC membership and it saved me around $100 compared to the EDU discount.