education discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by angel1286, Jul 10, 2008.

1. angel1286 macrumors member

Hey everyone i had the first gen iphone and I currently have an education discount on my account. For those that don't know some universities have agreements with att similar to corporations that allow students faculty and staff to get discounts on att services. Anyway I was wondering that because of that would I have to go to an att store instead of an apple store, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:cool:

2. Frankie55 macrumors newbie

my college student ID expired in june. do you think they will check to see if it is still valid?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

If it's expired, they probably won't take it unless you can prove that you're still a student there (ie returning in the fall).

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They'll probably check to see if your school email is still valid. I'm lucky to have two of them and two school ID cards...:cool:

5. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Wait so we CAN get a discount upfront if we're enrolled in school? Confirm/Deny please because this is huge for me

6. Frankie55 macrumors newbie

our email systems work for like 3 months after you graduate, so if they are using email addresses to determine this, mine is still valid.

awesome

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Only if your school has an agreement with AT&T.

8. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I was told that you need to upgrade at an att store, since you are a corporate customer

btw, there is already a few threads on this with a lot of info

9. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Ah okay, billing discount right?

I thought it was a discount when you buy apple products and you're in school, sorry for the derail :eek: