Education iMac->Update?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zap2, Jun 7, 2011.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So I was looking at the 899 iMac in the Apple store for institution, and wow these specs are old! Admittedly, they aren't for high end users, but still they should be better.

I'm curious mostly because I'm looking to get a new desktop and the 21.5 iMac is bother larger(college desk) and a little more then I'd like to spend.

Any thoughts or info? Have updates followed the Mini in the past or are they unrelated?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think it hasn't been updated for a long while. Take a look at refurbs if you want to save $.

3. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

I'm looking for a size, price speed balance. The 20" model would fit that perfectly.

But you might be right, the 21.5'' refub of the most recent model might be a worth wild buy, gotta see what they are priced at.

4. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

link please?

5. GLS macrumors 6502

Don't know if the link will work; the only way to see it is if you are a purchaser (or wishing to create a quotation) for a K-12 institution. The normal education store (for students and staff to purchase) only lists current iMacs; to see this $899 special, you need to go to the educational store, and choose purchasing for a K-12.

The Apple model number is MC015LL/C