Education price exchange for new release

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by manga99, Aug 28, 2013.

1. manga99 macrumors newbie

I am thinking to get 15 rMBP with education pricing discount in next few days, with all the rumors, will I be able to exchange for new release of rMBP after Sep 10? in case Apple does release new updated model. do you think I can exchange for new one with the same education price which expires on Sep 6. Thanks

2. SilverOath macrumors member

The educational discounts are year round so I'm sure you can get one on a new rMBP when they are released. However, I highly doubt you can retain any back to school promotion gift card. If you have used it they would likely deduct that value from the refund. I've had to 'exchange' a faulty machine in the past -- they treated is as a return, and applied the credit towards the new machine -- they don't just give you a new one and call it even.

If the current generation isn't good enough for you then I don't suggest buying it- just wait for the new rMBP.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Just hold off....The release is imminent and it makes little sense to buy now unless you absolutely have to...Three or four weeks and you will be able to get the Mac you really want.

4. manga99 thread starter macrumors newbie

SilverOath--Thank you for your detailed info. You are correct i wanted to ask about promo gift card but ended up not mentioning it. I take you suggestion to wait few more days to see what Apple come-up with on Sep10.

----------

Macman45-- Thanks, i agree i should wait.

5. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Yeah I'd wait. I'm wIting. Rmbp came out October 2012, so it's soon.