Education price

Discussion in 'iMac' started by applefiend95, Feb 19, 2012.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

I was wondering, will i be able to get an education pricing at the apple retail store rather than the online store? i ask because i dont want to buy it online and if i need to return it, i would have to send it back instead of taking it directly to the store itself. this is for the iMac that will be coming out in 1-2 months. also, at the apple retail store, will they give me an option of magic mouse or trackpad or both (similar to the online store)?:apple:

2. whoathere macrumors 6502

whoathere

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got my education discount at the apple store on my iMac. It was about 3 years ago. I also got the Buy a Mac get a free iPod discount as well.

3. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

so they asked for that university crap IDs and stuff or did u just say gimme education discount cuz i go to uni?:D

4. jollygoodamy macrumors regular

Yeah, you'll be able to get the EP at an Apple Retail store. You might need to show like a student ID or something. And yes they can swap the mouse and trackpad. They'll actually take it out of the box and put it in.

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

You definitely have to show a student ID. And if you buy online you can still take it in store for repairs and returns i am pretty sure.

6. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

7. leman macrumors 604

Usually, the Apple Store will offer you the same price as the online store (which means AOC prices you are entitled to). You can also get the trackpad, but you will probably have to press the retail person a bit (usually, they are a bit clueless about these things). I bough my iMac in Zurich (where it came with german keyboard and the mouse) and I wanted an english keyboard + trackpad. After I told them that I could get these for free in the online store they gave in and basically gave them to me as a 'present'.