Education Pricing in Canada

Discussion in 'macOS' started by g518, Oct 18, 2007.

1. g518 macrumors newbie

Im attending U Of T and when I check the price when logged into the U of T store on apple.ca, im still getting 115. Does anyone in Canada have the 69$ price that lots of campus' in the US are still charging? If they can make the regular price equal....y cant they make the education prices the same? :(

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Check your university bookstore. They may be offering it at a cheaper price.
    Out here in the US the boostores are offering the $69 price. Mine doesn't so I will have to settle for the price being $116 from the EDU apple store

3. Britanium macrumors member

@ the U of Manitoba it's $85 - I just called...

4. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I purchased mine from Brock University for $69 plus tax. So $79 total. MUCH cheaper than Apple's version of the education discount.

5. pjgeer macrumors member

Isn't the $69 a department/institutional price, and only if the bookstore is a department of the University can they offer that pricing, as it is part of their licencing agreement?

I go to U of T and I know that our bookstore isn't a university department(unlike the schools listed above.), could that be why they are at individual user education pricing on Leopard.:confused:

6. g518 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did call the bookstore and they said theyre charging 115, just like apple.ca

i think its just a case of U of T bein scammers just like they are with everythin else....

7. cobravap macrumors regular

Tough luck, mine was also charging that much.

8. powz macrumors regular

I was at the U of T store today. Their regular price is $115. They're also offering ~$89 for anyone who bought Macs from them in Sept (and of course ~$10 for those who bought in October).

9. inmotion macrumors member

yea
    u of t bookstore stinks.
    not only for programs. but text books too.
    why does it have to be privately owned :(
    lol
    anyone from u of t figure out a way to try to get it at a lower cost?
    i might try calling apple tomorrow but i dont have high hopes

10. blackslayer macrumors regular

shucks. it costs so much in singapore. SGD 218 for edu price which is about 150 USD:(

11. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

Woah, another MR member that goes to U of M! I wentin there and pre-ordered it on Tuesday, so I can confirm it's $85.00.

12. guytoronto macrumors newbie

So, let me get this straight. Your bookstore is selling it at the same price as Apple.ca, and you call them scammers? You would think university students would be smarter, but obviously the U of T has its share of sniveling privileged whiners.

See g518. Get off your duff, go to the store, and you might learn something. That's what university is for, right? Learning?

Oooh, poor baby can't get the price he wants. Maybe the store should give it to you free. Would that make you happy, or would you complain about something else just for kicks? BTW, love your writing style. That university education is really paying off.

13. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

14. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

The University of Guelph doesn't have software in their book store. You have to order from CCS which does not even carry OS X! :mad:

15. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

16. Ustilago macrumors newbie

Just checked... the U of T computerstore pricing is actually $99.