Education Pricing vs Black Friday 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonochui, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jonochui macrumors newbie

I am looking at the Macbook Pro w/ Retina 2.4/8/256. For the BF cost it is 1588.94 (tax included) and the education price is 1482.94 (tax included). With AppleCare, education pricing will be 1676.92 since it will cost 183. I don't know if you can do this, but using the 150 gift card to pay for the 250 AppleCare will give you a difference of 100. Added to the BF price is ~1688.94. All of these prices are taken from the US Apple online store.

Please check if I am correct or if anything is wrong (tired from shopping). I don't know if the Apple employees will choose the best one for you or will make you choose the BF deals, but I hope people who are considering to buy it today, is to do the research.

Have a good Thanksgiving weekend and safe shopping.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yeah, the education discount is greater. Nothing to see here.

3. tenganis macrumors member

I think that you could get your mac full price with the gift card, but then get the education pricing on applecare and use your gift card. In that case, the difference will be less (you'll be paying about 33 dollars+ taxes) for apple care. Is that correct?

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Sell the $150 gift card and buy the AppleCare from B&H Photo.

5. Pfsteel macrumors newbie

Here in the UK we didn't get the benefit of gift cards but a discount price BUT education pricing was still better which was a great disappointment when I picked up the rMBP 15" today...

6. mactumors macrumors 6502

If it's discounts you're looking for then don't buy direct from Apple. MacMall has the lowest price and no tax in my state. Lower than Apple's education discount.

7. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Get one from MacMall (or B&H, depending on taxes and/or model).
    Cheaper than buying from Apple any time of the year, regardless of the .edu discount.