Education Promotions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Olufemi, May 23, 2008.

1. Olufemi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I apologize if there are multiple posts for this!

I am just wondering if the Apple iPod education promo thingy usually occurs every year, or do you think it was specific to only the past year or two?

What I'm saying is that I am planning on purchasing a new MBA for school this fall (my 17' MBP is just too big) and I'm trying to time the purchase.

I don't need it at all until september so I realize it makes no sense buying it anytime before early August so I may as well wait and see what Apple does, but I'm just trying to get some more opinions on this.

So in other words, is this an annual Apple promo or should we not expect much?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There are multiple posts on it but you did apologize. ;)

It's a yearly thing that I'm waiting for as well. In the past it did start in May but it seems that Apple has been pushing it back later into the summer.

3. audiophile42 macrumors member

Does anyone know the dates they have started in in the past, say 3 years? I'm ready to buy a new iMac right now, and am just waiting for them to start the promotion.

4. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Do the education promotions apply to refurbished products as well or only new products?

Thanks.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You could have checked for yourself but it only applies to new hardware. This applies to both the Back to School Mac + iPod rebates/discount and the general Apple discount.

Refurbished hardware has its own separate discounts but you can apply your education AppleCare discount when purchasing AppleCare afterward.