Education store question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jkramb, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jkramb macrumors member

I'm a freelance English teacher and in the market for a new MBP in the next few months. I was looking at the apple website to see if I would qualify for a discount as a teacher. The only options were k-12 and homeschool teachers. It sure would be nice to get a discount and I am a full time teacher. Does anyone know if apple has anything for someone like me? I know it's easy to just lie, but I don't want lie to get the discount, not only because they might check, but because I personally think it's wrong.

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Just go to the store and show your proof. Should be very easy.

3. 184550 Guest

I'd go in store and ask and bring along any sort of certification(s) you have to that effect.

If you want to go through the online store, it sounds like you'll have to lie.

4. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

6. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

I'm an American citizen with an american residence but work in Germany and Poland. In Germany, I work freelance so that companies are not required to pay normal taxes on me. In Poland, I work at a school that does not pay taxes on me to the US government (who I pay my taxes to) so I am considered self employed and pay self-employment tax.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Try to make a purchase an explain your situation. My local Apple Store still gives me student discounts even though I'm no longer a student.