Education UK iMac price

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sarah3585, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

I want the new iMac 20inch 2.4 model. Normal apple price is £949. Going through the store for duction brings it down to £891.83 (just under 6.1% off). I hear you can get a much bigger discount through the Higher Eduction link which has to be done from the uni. I'm currently on holiday so wondering if anyone knew the price of this iMac using the higher eduction discount, or a rough percentage of what you get off. Thanks

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

These are the prices, AND you get 3 years AppleCare included :)

[​IMG]

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

The Higher Ed prices are pretty much always just the normal prices excluding VAT - or thereabouts.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Here you go, the upgrade prices vary depending on which initial machine you have the ones given are for the 20" 2.4GHz.

If you want iWork order it separately because you can buy it for £35.25.

Edit: seems like physcofreak and i had the same idea

Attached Files:

5. sarah3585 thread starter macrumors regular

sarah3585

Wow what a speedy response! Thanks guys. Seems to be around the 12% mark. I'm also partly interested in the Mac Book 13 inch 2.0 (if I'm greedy, which I am) which is at £699 so I assume it will be around £615?

Is the free 3 year applecare just with the eductation discount or a given anyway?

6. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

Just to point out, the 3 years is NOT Applecare it's a limited warranty i.e. repairs + parts are free but Apple will not service the machine, you have to take it to an Apple authorized seller/repair centre. (Though most offer collection services anyway)

and as far as I know, the 3-year thing is not with the regular education store, just the HE store

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Macbook pricing.

Yeah it is a HE thing only. There is a cheaper upgrade to full applecare, only £58.75. It is the thing called EMEA CC HE contract uplift

Attached Files:

8. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

Looking through the T's & C's for the HE site, i can only find reference to a 1-year limited warranty (as opposed to the 3-year)... puzzling because I've got the 3-year warranty on the iMac I'm using atm

9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I know there is a reference on the welcome page, down at the bottom.

Attached Files:

10. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Found my emails regarding this, the first one is the basic support and the second one is the upgrade to applecare. The links don't seem to give the T&Cs.

Then full applecare

11. sarah3585 thread starter macrumors regular

sarah3585

Anyone know how much Leapord will be for students in the UK? It will help me decide if it's best to wait for Leapord and keep my iMac G5 or buy now and sell the G5 now.
    Also I'm annoyed apple uk aren't doing a free ipod deal like the US they have done deals in the past.

12. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well based on the US pricing Leopard is the same price as Tiger. Therefore it is probably safe to assume that Leopard will be £58.75

13. garethh macrumors regular

Yes, they were very good about my yellowing MacBook. Because the local dealer couldn't fit the repair in for a few months (!), and without a car I wasn't going to be able to go the 60 miles to the next one without considerable extra trouble and expense, Apple arranged for some London company to sort it out. They sent a courier for it and I got it back in a few days. I was impressed. I've since wondered whether AppleCare would have meant a better service, but I can't see how.

14. sarah3585 thread starter macrumors regular

sarah3585

Can I ask when did you recieve these emails after your purchase?

15. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It varied sometimes as much as 6 weeks

16. chaslam macrumors regular

The higher education discount varies depending on what uni you are from as far as im aware. You can also get the higher edu discount in store. My friend recently brought an imac from in store. All you need is some sort of proof showing what uni your at/going to and they can do it. Its usually around 12 or 13% but some unis vary up to 15%.

This is in the UK but im sure its the same in the US. His imac was supposed to be £949, but he got it for £933, which also includes full applecare protection and parallels.