Educational discount at the apple store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Jun 19, 2009.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Hey everyone
    what do they check at the apple store in order to get the educational discount ?
    like i've been attending a college last year and i still have the id ...can i use that id to get educational discount ?

2. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Yup, show them your student ID. You should not have a problem.

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

That, or if you have webmail through the school, you can login to that to show you're a valid student, among other things

4. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

i dont attend that college anymore, even though i still have the ID
    although, i registered to another college recently to attend starting September, i have the student id number, the schedule and everything,but the ID ...which one you recommend using ?

5. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

If you've been accepted into the new place, use that. It will be accepted.

6. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I have been accepted, i took the classes and everything as well, i just didnt get the id yet ...so you think thats good to use ?:

7. BinfordsTool macrumors member

An Apple Genius Agent will appear at your house for an unannounced inspection sometime after you take possession of your laptop :D

If you fail to meet their credentials, you will be imprisoned and forced to use a Packard Bell Pentium II 400mhz pc for the rest of your life

8. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

haha
    is that what happened to you ? LOL

9. BinfordsTool macrumors member

Hah, nope, I graduated in 08, still have my credentials for that school that I used to buy my first laptop. Didn't even realize I was still logged in under it either- I'm in a different graduate program now, not like it makes a big difference, but there was very little actual verification

10. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I bought mine with a discount about a week after i graduated college. Showed my ID and no problems.

I think im going to do that for the foreseeable future, though it may be just a little naughty. (100 bucks is 100 bucks)

11. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

so i think i should be good, i have the program, student email and the id number ...

12. harcosparky macrumors 68020

When my son went in he did not have the Student ID, he had Last Years Grade Report and his Drivers License. In the end hey entered his Drivers License as his ID #.

I had to go back 2 days after the sale to get the discount refunded back.

The manager told me " next time you come in and don't have all the documentation, push the clerk a little harder. He will get me or another manager and we will figure out a way to make the discount work. "

if they are concerned about anything it is insuring that no person gets multiple discounts they are not entitled to.

You can even ask for " Employer Discount " .... Apple has many discount programs with many companies and affords all employees of that company the discount.

Even McDonalds employees get a discount through Apple !!!!!! ;)

13. thecheda macrumors 6502

Haha

I laughed out loud.

14. thecheda macrumors 6502

My Experience

Why can't you just go to the online education section of Apple.com and just log into one of the school sponsored Apple Store webpages? I think the store page updates automatically with the new prices if you order online.

15. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

if you do have the actual id, thats all theyre gonna need to see but that stuff should be a good backup

you can, theres just no point if youd rather go to a store and get the product the same pay you doll out the cash for it

16. djarsalan2006 thread starter macrumors regular

i just called them up
    what they said is that if i dont have the ID, all they need would be the bill which i have ....
    YESSS

17. delude macrumors 6502

Does anybody know what documents you would need to show in the UK?

18. mrj412 macrumors regular

My boyfriend attends an online university and so does not have a student ID. They accepted the printout of his billing statement for the next set of classes without any hassle.

19. captain-rossco macrumors member

I went in with the GF, she showed them her UK uni card and that was that, they let us buy two macbooks and two free ipod touches (with rebate). All in all a good spree and one hell of a discount.
    I know of one or two with last years student cards who had similar deals honoured.

Regards
    CR

20. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

When my fiance and I bought her macbook a year and a bit ago, we went to the Apple store (I'm in Canada) and just flashed my student ID card, I don't think the guy even really bothered to look at it that hard, lol.

Needless to say, once I graduate, I'm going to keep my student ID card and try to use it whenever possible.

21. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

For reals.

Discounts, deals at some fast food joints, free bus in certain cities...hahaha