Educational Discount for K-12

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
I am close to my goal to get my iBook (updated or not) before school. I just need $360 to go. My question is, does the educational discount apply to K-12 students? If it does I would save some time and money and put that towards RAM and Office X for Mac. Thanks for the info.

zflauaus

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Unfortunately no. One area where I think Apple is just being stupid...

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
zflauaus said:
I am close to my goal to get my iBook (updated or not) before school. I just need $360 to go. My question is, does the educational discount apply to K-12 students? If it does I would save some time and money and put that towards RAM and Office X for Mac. Thanks for the info.

zflauaus
Office X? You mean Office 2004. Don's spend your hard earned money on a old version unless it is HEAVILY discounted. I don't think it is even possible to legally purchase Microsoft software anymore this far after EOL anyways.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
ham_man said:
Unfortunately no. One area where I think Apple is just being stupid...
Darn. I thought I was the only one that thought it was stupid. Students use Macs too. Except for my school, we use Windoze PCs. I bet most of the students at my school haven't even touched an Apple.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
zflauaus said:
...Office X for Mac.
I completely missed that tidbit on first read. The newest edition of Office is available for K-12 students at any Mac retailer (Fry's, CompUSA, The Apple Store) for about 150 dollars...

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
MacAztec said:
Just enter a random college, and buy from the online store. They don't ever check for edu. IDs.

They do random checks sometimes.

It helps to have an older brother in college buys them himself and give them to you as gifts. ;) (then you can refund him the same amount)

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 19, 2004
finalcoolman said:
Office X? You mean Office 2004. Don's spend your hard earned money on a old version unless it is HEAVILY discounted. I don't think it is even possible to legally purchase Microsoft software anymore this far after EOL anyways.
Sorry. I don't really look at Mac Software that much. :( I thought that was the latest one. Oops. Sorry guys.