Educational discount questions..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VoodooDaddy, May 14, 2007.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

1) just curious, why does Apple offer the discount to parents that homeschool their kids, but not to kids enrolled in traditional elementary/highschools?

2) my brother works at a university so he is eligible for the discount. I was wanting to order something through him to get the discount. He said he has no problems with that, but how exactly do they verify the order is valid for the discount? ya, ya, Im taking advantage of the system a little bit. Hey, times are tight and I have 3 kids in elementary school, and another in 8th grade (hence the original question). I dont get why homeschool and university students are all eligible but my kids dont qualify.

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

They do offer the normal educational discount to high schoolers. If you go to their education store gateway page, there's a higher-ed option and a high school option.

I can't imagine an elementary school kid really needing his/her own computer.

Your 8th grader will be a 9th grader in Sept., I assume. He'll qualify then.

The issue of verification has been covered in depth in the buying advice forum. Do a search there.

In short, online it's random checks. In store, you will probably be asked for ID.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Theres no discount for high school students?