Educational discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andrew07, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

How does this work? I'm transferring to another school in the fall, so I am not enrolled in any classes for the summer...am I unable to get an educational discount on a MBP?

2. 66217 Guest

As long as you can prove you are in a college or school you are candidate for the discount.

In Apple they trust in your honesty.:D

3. Andrew07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Quick reply, mate! How do I prove to them that I'm a student, though? Do I send in transcripts or something?

4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

honestly they are not going to check that hard core. Does the school you are switching to have its own store when you go to sign into apple's online store or does it refer you back to apple's store? I would just pick the school you are matriculating into, this really is not a problem.

5. 66217 Guest

Link to Apple site where all the information is.

Hope it helps.:)

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yep, I would go through the school you'll be attending in the fall. If Apple audits you, you should have some sort of acceptance letter or course schedule to prove it.

7. Jblack4083 macrumors regular

what can I do if I'm enrolled in a prep high school. I'll be going to college in fall 2008 so I dont plan to wait. I'd really love to go to the Apple store to buy my macbook in two weeks but will they not give me the discount since I'm not in college? Is there a way I can call and order then pick up in a store because I hear they dont ask questions on the phone as to if you're a student or not. I really dont want to order on the internet since I'm so close to the store. Also on the internet I have to say I'm a teacher. what can I do

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry...you're not eligible for the educational discount. You are subject to random audits (at a minimum) through all purchasing channels.

9. jellz macrumors regular

yeah you're out of luck. keep saving i guess.

10. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Apple US seem to be a bit stricter than Apple UK... I got our MacPro with my Edu discount. The sales adviser actually gave me HE discount although I wasn't entitled to it and all he asked for was a copy of my student card.

What actually happened was we configured a MacPro, saved it in a basket, and 2 days later we got an email from the Sales Exec for the UK. He told us to contact him as he said he can get us a better deal on it. :D :apple:

11. hawaiian macrumors member

hawaiian

Does your school give out something like a student ID? Your school should also be able to provide a certificate of enrollment, but that might be difficult if you haven't registered for classes yet. I suppose you could also log into your school's network (if they have one) and show the guys at Apple that you have a valid account.