Educational Discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benga101, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Benga101 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a different level of discount between 'University, or other Higher Education establishment' and 'School or any other education establishment'?

We're finally getting a MBP 15" (going for the Hi-res AG after much faffing) but the store doesn't seem to recognise that we're logging in from the Uni network when we use the Uni VPN and I never get home early enough from work to call the Edu sales line. Can't get in to the Uni either as its a distance learning course and its miles away.

Does anyone know if we get a higher % off if we go through the University discount? Or if you are on a Uni network could you have a look at how much a base level 15" MBP with a Hi-reg AG screen is? I make it £1,521.63 incl. VAT.

Thanks!

2. davey101 macrumors newbie

Pretty sure HE discount is 14% and FE discount is 9%

3. Heat305 macrumors newbie

Just a heads up, If you purchase from J&R or Macmall, etc. You don't pay tax and it will probably be cheaper than Apple. Good Luck

4. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Base 15" hi-res AG is £1,392.38 after VAT (based on the discount you'd get if you were at the Open University).

5. Benga101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys - exactly what I need to know. Will have to make the effort to leave work early one day for that sort of saving! :)

6. X01 macrumors newbie