Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raw911

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
I wonder if educational orders are pushed back a few? I ordered a nMP on the 19th 3:10am est and got an January date but I wonder what priority that gets? I know they say business are pushed up the list. Anyone else ordered previous educational products and seemed they was pushed back? Not maybe to the end of the list but was not given pref to their place in line had it been regular consumer. Just wondering. I got mu pegasus 2 and my 4k display is being ordered and I'm just getting REAL ANXIOUS for my

6 core
D500
1 TB
16 gb ram. (For now)

New Mac Pro.

MacPoulet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2012
Canada
Not sure if it's still the case but edu purchases used to be lower on the totem poll for new products. For individuals at least. Institutions making large purchases are a different matter.

Rock Hound

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2013
I wonder if educational orders are pushed back a few? I ordered a nMP on the 19th 3:10am est and got an January date but I wonder what priority that gets? I know they say business are pushed up the list. Anyone else ordered previous educational products and seemed they was pushed back? Not maybe to the end of the list but was not given pref to their place in line had it been regular consumer. Just wondering. I got mu pegasus 2 and my 4k display is being ordered and I'm just getting REAL ANXIOUS for my

6 core
D500
1 TB
16 gb ram. (For now)

New Mac Pro.

Mine was an educational order, and I received it ahead of schedule. At least on the stock configs its first come, first serve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.