Educator discount...can it be returned?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dan Given, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dan Given macrumors newbie

Hi...I'm a new member and am also an educator. This post is to ask any person in leadership in Apple to consider returning the educator's discount on the iPad.
    The reason is in light of the new and welcome emphasis on using digital textbooks in the classroom and the recent valuation of Apple as being worth 500 billion dollars. I personally work in a church school which has no public funding so costs would be out of my pocket.
    It would be a great help to get the discount returned. Just hoping....
    Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There's never been an education discount on iPads for individuals.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I suspect Apple leadership likely doesn't monitor this forum particularly closely.

I recommend: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

4. Dan Given thread starter macrumors newbie

You are probably right, and I will follow up your fine suggestion. Thanks!

----------

You may be correct...I assumed that there was as I got discounts on iPods and other Apple products. Thanks.

5. normanbates macrumors regular

I would contact Apple and confirm with them what products are included in the education program.

I can't imagine that iPad is not included if the iPod is

----------

In fact, for individuals, this confirms that they can buy iPads in the US on the education pricing plan

6. Gallium macrumors newbie

I don't think there is an educational price for iPod, it only came free with macbook purchases during back-to-school promo.

7. normanbates macrumors regular

According to the Apple website there is

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I just tried under both a university and a K-12 school and neither showed a discount for iPads. Institutional discounts are negotiated separately.

9. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I've looked as well under both University as well as Employer discounts. Neither my former school, or current employer have the discount on iPads.

10. Dan Given thread starter macrumors newbie

I was unclear

The discounts I received on iPods were several years ago, and they are no longer available. As they were not recent I'm thinking Apple will not offer discounts on these products.
    Thanks for the replies...they have helped clear up my understanding of this.