iPhone EE at top

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by RichyB, Sep 19, 2012.

1. RichyB macrumors regular

2. Philmyboots macrumors member

In assuming its the new Brandon for t-mobile and orange in the uk but I thought Everything Everywhere was going to be a separate 4G company.

3. Tarrantino macrumors newbie

Orange and T-Mobile will change their branding to EE eventually. So you will see that starting to roll out.

4. DigitalJunior macrumors member

Same here (from Orange to EE). Signal seems weaker and no 3G as yet ?

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

6. farleysmaster macrumors 6502a

It'll be exactly the same as before I'm sure, just with a different text-string identifier.

Orange has already been EE for some time. My wife's new contract for her 4S probably about 6 months ago was with EE, though we are both originally Orange customers.

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

No more scrolling network identifier saying Orange T-Mobile! iOS 6 is worth it for me.

8. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Since updating to iOS6, my iPhone has flipped between "EE" and "Orange" and "Orange-T-Mobile" depending on where I am in the house (and my house isn't very big, just a three-bedroom semi-detached house).

I guess eventually all their Cell nodes will be updated to the "EE" branding eventually.

9. RichyB thread starter macrumors regular

Says EE all the time, even when on wifi so didn't think it was related to 3G signal.

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

would of thought for now at least it was a carrier settings thing (since new settings where downloaded to phone tonight) as my settings still says Orange whilst top of screen says EE

11. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Can we get some screens of this?

EE (Everything Everywhere) is the company that is in the process of combining Orange and T Mobile networks here in the UK.

12. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

and pictures

Attached Files:

13. farleysmaster macrumors 6502a

If its on wifi it's still on 3G (or GPRS). I've noticed when we get a t mobile signal it still says 'Orange T-mobile'.

14. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Thanks for posting screens! I wish the UK carrier names were logos instead of just plain text.

Love your wallpaper by the way :D

15. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Mine flips between EE and Orange/T-mobile depending where I am. Often as room by room in the house! For a minute I thought I may have stumbled upon 3.5G but then I remembered at the end of the iOS upgrade, I was asked if I wanted to do a carrier update, which I did and it's simply a branding thing, confirmed by Orange UK subsequently.

Thought LTE has been switched on early!

16. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

And what kind of pain would that be for those of us who travel between European countries often? Sometimes switching 4 or more times a day (I fly into Switzerland and get French, Swiss and German networks almost simultaneously). I need to know the name in text, a logo would be impossible.

Although in the UK, a little white comma in a red blob would be ok I guess. Still, as a typographic nerd, it bugs me that my ID is branding/case-sensitive and shows "vodafone UK". Better than before however, used to be "UK Voda" back in the iP3G days. Ugh.

Better than "EE" though, so tempting to add a 'K!' onto it ;)

17. mroddjob macrumors member

After being on orange and T-mobile before, and having terrible 3G signal in rural areas, i would expect you to see EE E a lot from now on, the re-branding is just a mean joke to rub it in that you will nearly always be on Edge. :D EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E EE E

18. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Well, that was a conversion killer. Ebonizer good