MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

UK carrier EE has launched a new package called the "Full Works" plan for iPhone, which includes subscriptions to Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade. It is the first carrier plan to bundle multiple Apple subscription services.

EE-logo.png

As a result of a new collaboration with Apple, the plan includes subscriptions to Apple services such as Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade, as well as unlimited calls, texts, and data, and an upgrade when new iPhone models are released. Apple News+ and iCloud storage are not included, and the Apple Music family plan is unavailable. The plan includes alternate "smart" benefits such as "BT Sport Ultimate" app access or a "Roam Further" pass instead of Apple subscriptions.

EE is the UK's largest carrier and a leading 5G provider. While the telecoms firm usually charges a premium compared to other networks, the plan offers overall savings on the subscription services. The Full Works package offers the iPhone 11 Pro with unlimited calls, texts, and data, and Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade for £77 per month. Without the Apple subscription services, the same plan costs £68, resulting in the services bundle effectively costing £9. The same services accumulatively cost £19.97 directly from Apple.

The plan is available with multiple iPhone models, and will presumably be available with the upcoming iPhone 12 as the plan is 5G-ready. The plan will also become available for businesses from the end of September.

Apple has been rumored to be launching a new series of bundled subscription services this fall, called "Apple One." The series of bundles would allow customers to subscribe to several Apple digital services together. This is expected to result in a lower monthly price than when the services are subscribed to individually. It is likely that Apple One will also be paired with carrier plans when released, and the partnership with EE indicates Apple's increasing interest in bundling its services.

Article Link: EE Offers First Plan Bundling Apple Subscription Services in the UK

Last edited:

Marbles1

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Interesting they didn’t include Apple News+.

I mean, it’s a pretty poor service but it’s a strange oversight.

EE gave me six months free Apple News+ and I tried to use it extensively but it was so poor vs my regular news and magazine sources (mostly free from my local library’s free PressReader service), I didn’t opt to start paying.

mikeleeuk

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
North Walsham
I’ve had run-ins with Barclays Partner Finance in the past, so even though my credit is pretty good now, I can never get approved for iUP.

Got years of loyalty discounts with EE though. I think this will be my iUP once the 12 Pro comes out... 😏

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
A bundle should include storage imo. 'Til then, meh. The bundled price of 9£ is decent, but it would be better to include storage since Apple TV+ has essentially been running as a free service and will continue to do so if Apple extends the deals.

sub150

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2018
A bundle should include storage imo. 'Til then, meh. The bundled price of 9£ is decent, but it would be better to include storage since Apple TV+ has essentially been running as a free service and will continue to do so if Apple extends the deals.

Agree. the 5GB of storage is enough for messages but nothing else. Also, I can't stand the way iCloud Drive actually works but I'd still like a little more storage.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
I saw on Money Saving Expert EE are changing from RPI to CPI *plus* 3.9% so unless you have a lot of money to fork out each month when you join or upgrade it won’t be long before it’s cheaper to subscribe individually!

The above applies to anyone upgrading or joining from September 1st.

Reactions: Openworld1234

GouldN

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2020
Why would anyone subscribe to a bundle that includes Apple TV+ when they buy a new iPhone, (even if that bundle is discounted)? Apple TV+ is included for 12 months when you buy a new iPhone or iPad, at no cost!

Reactions: Duncan-UK

idrewuk

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Sad to say it massively irritates me that the EE page shows the old Apple Music logo (capitalised).

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
I saw on Money Saving Expert EE are changing from RPI to CPI *plus* 3.9% so unless you have a lot of money to fork out each month when you join or upgrade it won’t be long before it’s cheaper to subscribe individually!

The above applies to anyone upgrading or joining from September 1st.

Interesting if true. Could be quite an annual hike for those on handset inclusive contracts, including the new Full Works plan. Less significantwithout being insignificant for those on SIM only contracts (all three of us in my household are on EE sim only deals).

From Sept 1st is a date that seems calculated to scoop up anyone buying through EE for the iPhone 12 cycle. ill be staying on 3x sim only plus family membership/sharing News+, TV+, Music and 2TB iCloud storage here.

Aimed at the wealthy or the unemployed who will use their benifit money so they can seen as being part of the 'in crowd'

Given the government requires benefits applications to be done online, one can hardly condemn the ‘unemployed’ for having the means to actually get online. To do otherwise would be to have no income at all. Having been on JSA after being made redundant in 2014, it's not a state of affairs I’d wish in anyone, whether they possessed and iPhone or not.:rolleyes:

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
...that includes the phone, right?

I'd rather save up over a year or three and buy the phone outright, then switch between carriers to get the best deal.

...which reminds me, I'm out of my Vodafone agreement this month - need to look around for a better deal than £20pm for 20GB...

and 1989 others

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2016
I prefer my £8pm O2 sim only contract with 8GB data and unlimited minutes/text. I then just buy the handset separately for the best deal, and subscribe to what I want (Spotify duo in this case).

Same, got £20 O2 sim only contract 40Gb data, purely because I stream music for most of the day.

Still got a full functional iphone X. Not seen much need to upgrade. And have an Xbox, PS4 for gaming, netflix and amazon for programmes.

phalseHUD

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Digital Sprawl
I’m with EE. I get about 20gb of data unlimited texts and calls for £11 a month...

They have a deal on at the moment for 100gb of data with unlimited calls and texts for £20. If your employer uses EE, you can also get a 20% off coupon bringing it down to only £16 (EE Perk). This is for up to 5 family members too

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Interesting if true. Could be quite an annual hike for those on handset inclusive contracts, including the new Full Works plan. Less significantwithout being insignificant for those on SIM only contracts (all three of us in my household are on EE sim only deals).

From Sept 1st is a date that seems calculated to scoop up anyone buying through EE for the iPhone 12 cycle. ill be staying on 3x sim only plus family membership/sharing News+, TV+, Music and 2TB iCloud storage here.

Given the government requires benefits applications to be done online, one can hardly condemn the ‘unemployed’ for having the means to actually get online. To do otherwise would be to have no income at all. Having been on JSA after being made redundant in 2014, it's not a state of affairs I’d wish in anyone, whether they possessed and iPhone or not.:rolleyes:
55B9D645-54F1-47D0-B43B-D7A7D9E21994.jpeg

I ‘upgraded’ to iPhone SE 2020 last month so am subject to RPI adjustments each March until EE contact us to tell us they are moving all of us who don’t change our plans going forward.

I am sure they will have a clause whereby you can only end the contract by paying an Early Termination Fee when that happens but I can’t imagine it’ll do them well in the long term?

BT have introduced the same for their broadband plans (and I assume their mobile service is the same) and Plus.net follow suit from next month.

Openworld1234

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2019
View attachment 949725

I ‘upgraded’ to iPhone SE 2020 last month so am subject to RPI adjustments each March until EE contact us to tell us they are moving all of us who don’t change our plans going forward.

I am sure they will have a clause whereby you can only end the contract by paying an Early Termination Fee when that happens but I can’t imagine it’ll do them well in the long term?

BT have introduced the same for their broadband plans (and I assume their mobile service is the same) and Plus.net follow suit from next month.

This is terrible in the times we are in increasing bills by 3.9% this is the main reason.
I avoid anything to do with the BT brand and Virgin media brand both are the biggest con don't get me started on virgin media your bills doubles at the end of your contract.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I’ve had run-ins with Barclays Partner Finance in the past, so even though my credit is pretty good now, I can never get approved for iUP.

Got years of loyalty discounts with EE though. I think this will be my iUP once the 12 Pro comes out... 😏

I’ve had the exact same problem, I have a good credit rating but always get turned down by Barclays Partner Finance as they must have a specific criteria I’m not meeting but not sure what it is, so I cannot use iUP 😔

Reactions: mikeleeuk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.