Carrier EE Pre-order Despatch Notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I Am Designer™, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I Am Designer™ macrumors regular

So anyone who has pre-ordered with EE and expecting a delivery on the 19TH (or been told by EE that's when to expect your delivery) chime in!

Post the time/date you pre-ordered
    When your email notificaiton of the order came through
    When you get your despatch notification!

I preordered at around 8.10am on Friday 12th
    Got my email notification around 8.30am on the 12th
    Money was taken from my account on the 15th
    ...and... have heard nothing ever since!

2. I Am Designer™ thread starter macrumors regular

Specifically for EE pre-orders

Specifically for EE pre-orders, has anyone had they despatch notifications for delivery on 19th Friday?

If so when did you order and what model did you order?

It seems EE are scatter gunning alerts out to people randomly!

If EE customers could chime in that would be great.

3. I Am Designer™ thread starter macrumors regular

UK/European based carrier

4. jakeenzo macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the Phone about 10am last Friday. The rep on the phone also assured me that there would be a 100% guarantee my phone would arrive on the 19th. Yesterday afternoon got a text saying that it would be with me in 21 days.

If it doesn't arrive on the 19th that's pretty poor customer service for a rep to guarantee a date and it not arrive :/

5. I Am Designer™ thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat - ordered first thing (around 8.10am) and am completely in the dark about delivery. Need to be at home for delivery which means taking a few hours away from work and then trying to work from home! Yet EE/DPD may send alerts at the very last minute which is absolutely insane. Seems they're not fussed about keep people up to date or letting us manage our time around the delivery!

EE are probably getting as many calls about when deliveries will happen as they are getting calls about pre-orders.

Am I supposed to arrange to work from home for the next 21 days?...

6. adamkrfc macrumors newbie

I got my text yesterday saying I would get it on the 19th. The text also said I would receive info today AND tomorrow (thurs and fri) of the 1hr delivery slot I would get. Still waiting for this.

I did get another text about 10 mins ago telling me I have been switched onto the new tariff which is always a good thing. Will update once I get a delivery text. :)

7. mojo8472 macrumors member

Preordered Saturday at 1:30am
    Text saying delivery within 21 days
    No dispatch text yet...although I'm not surprised!

8. adamkrfc macrumors newbie

Got a text from an Unknown number which happened to be DPD about half an hour ago (11am), saying delivery will be tomorrow on the 19tth. It never said a time slot though, just a link given to change the date/deliver to neighbour.

9. jcborden macrumors member

After dithering around for a bit I ordered on Monday around 12 noon. Had a text on Wednesday stating I would have it within 14 days, however today I had a text saying DPD will be delivering it tomorrow!

10. jakeenzo macrumors newbie

I decided to call up EE to find out when my delivery would be as I still have had no confirmation confirming delivery date. They told me that as I was fairly high up on the pre order list my delivery date is tomorrow(19th). They're also going to phone me tomorrow to make sure I've had the delivery from DPD.

It seems that they are a bit slow at sending these confirmation texts so if anyone is unsure I'd just give them a quick ring. They were more than helpful! :) Hopefully I'll get the delivery text from DPD this afternoon.