EE upgrade advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tony85, Sep 13, 2014.

1. tony85, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

tony85 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I preordered 2 iphone 6's on friday morning via EE upgrade so should get on friday. I was undecided about the 6 plus just from not holding it before hand.

So my question is if I am able to change to the 6 plus once they are delivered if I feel I want the extra size?

Is this possible are there any extra hidden charges or a time window or is this not even possible.

Thanks all

2. tony85 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

What did it say in the terms and conditions that you signed?

I shall tell you.

If you ordered via phone/web you have a 14 day cooling off period to return the phone. UNOPENED!!!! The cooling off period is designed for those who change their mind. Not a try before you buy service.

If you upgraded in store then there is no cooling off or returns. You can only return the phone within 14 days if you are experiencing serious signal issues.

Knowing EE though they will not make the return easy so I would suggest sending it back via special delivery with tracking.

You are responsible for ALL postage charges for returning the item.

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billi...ee--orange-or-t-mobile-/cancelling-a-contract

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billi...ditions/returns/distance-sales-returns-policy

this isn't the same as buying an item in a retail store like direct from apple. You are taking out a long term contract.

4. Zxxv macrumors 68040

distance selling regulations are law. They state you have 7 days to examine the goods. You can open them. You have that right under UK law. No business can state terms that are less than these. They can offer better.

The only time these do not apply is if a customer went into a shop of the business, examined the goods, then ordered online.

5. tony85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks for the info. I upgraded over the phone so ill keep myne unopened and examine the gf's to see if im happy with the size. And have a run up to a local store and see how the 5.5 feels in hand.

6. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Question is whether you signed the pre order sheet or actually the contract. I have signed the pre order sheet and it clearly states that they will hold the phone 24h and it will then go on general sale. Nothing i my opinion can make them to sign up a contract. The guy he served me actually said that we only 'pre ordered' the rest will be done later.