Eeeks! Potential iPhone Problem (Charging?)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrkactjob, Aug 20, 2009.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Went to my iPhone this morning it was totally dead.

Plugged into wall to recharge and the big battery pic appears with the zig zag bellow it but then sometimes I get the plug arrow zig zag flashing...

Its been in the wall 30 minutes now and doesnt seem to be recharging...

Any ideas?

:confused::(

2. spetykowski macrumors member

This is strange because the same thing happened to me last night. I let my iphone totally drain, but when I went to plug it in to charge, it showed the same battery screen you described. I waited for about an hour, and still no dice.. I disconnected and connected it again, and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning it was at a full charge and back to normal.. I don't know why it took so long to get past that screen but it just felt like it wasnt charging for a while. Hopefully this will get corrected.

Btw was your phone jailbroken?

3. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Hmmm thanks for that spetykowski, I bought the phone off Ebay last year, they said it would work with any Sim, so not sure if it was jailbroken or not....

However I will just leave the phone plugged in for a few hours and hopefully fingers crossed it will kick back into life....I know it was low last night before I went to bed so must have been totally drained for a good 6 hours..

Will let you know if it wakes up!

:eek:

4. spetykowski macrumors member

Best of luck to you! Hopefully it was just a coincidence and not a hardware/software issue.

5. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Well after a few hours of trying to charge in the conventional manner using a wall socket and getting nowhere I plugged the phone into my laptop via USB and fired up itunes.

And lo verily a miracle did occur....it woke up and complained it was hungry, clearly no charge had been going its way for the past 3 hours, so post boot up I unplugged it, reinserted the mains plug and all was well.

First time I have had any issue with the phone, glad it all worked out.

Though still a bit mystified.