eep! Dropped iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryanmckenzie, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ryanmckenzie macrumors newbie

Gah, I just dropped it outside tonight, right onto the concrete. It's functioning perfectly fine, the screen has no breaks in it, nor the back glass panel, although there are several severe scuffs and chips around the edges, a couple of deep ones that are quite sharp to touch. Also some marks on the metal band. I'll be able to go to the apple store tomorrow.

Any advice? I assume I'll have to pay for replacement pieces. I've had the phone for 6 months now...

Thanks!

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

if you go in there, and tell them what happened, and accept it was your fault, and are willing to pay to repair it, apple may be kind enough to give you a replacement, a lot of people seem to have been given replacements when they have gone in to find out about getting it repaired, but i wouldn't get your hopes up, don't expect them to replace it, they have no liability to, be prepared to pay up

3. ryanmckenzie thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks! Certainly I didn't expect them to replace it. They offered to replace the back panel for £25, or the entire phone for £140, and I found the back to be the most affected area, while the rest of the phone barely had any noticeable marks. So I went with that £25 offer and was very pleased.

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

5. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly:D