Effective cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chevytrucks2021, Aug 31, 2015.

1. chevytrucks2021 macrumors newbie

chevytrucks2021

I don't know where to post this or even if it is supposed to be. I have a 6 plus and im using an otterbox. I need a case that's effective but not so bulky. I'm an oilfield worker so i cant use a plain case. My note otterbox was much thinner. Any suggestions?

2. Ticocg59 macrumors member

I have a Rokform for my 6+.. Pretty heavy duty and not to large..

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Do you need drop protection? I use a very thin wallet case called Incipio Highland to protect the phone on all sides inside my pocket or purse. But it won't protect against drops all that well or grit or dirt, so I have to set it aside when I'm doing landscaping work. It's very rigid though and protects from the bends.

It's very slim and adds no bulk even with an ID and couple of credit cards stuffed into the slots. It protects the screen very well, just not against most drops. While it doesn't keep dirt or grit out like an Otterbox, it doesn't trap that stuff, either. Given that you're talking about Otterboxes it's probably not what you're looking for, but since it offers screen protection in the pocket I thought I'd mention it to you. The longevity is not great. Mine didn't last quite a full year. But I beat the heck out of it.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...land-ultra-thin-folio-case-iphone-6-plus.html

image.jpg

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you want real protection it will come with bulk. It is all about physics.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This might sound like a smart ass comment but it's not...

Are you aware otter box makes different case models? I ask because you mention you had one that was thinner. I imagine this is because you had a different model. They vary in levels of protection.