Effective way to remove "Yellowish" stain on apple keyboard! (even macbook keyboard)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tahugejerot, Sep 20, 2010.

1. tahugejerot macrumors newbie

Hi peeps,
    Anyone of you experiencing suborn stain, I.E keyboard become yellowish after a long terms usage? (On apple keyboard), well here is the solution for you guys,

All you need is
    -Toothpaste (any will do but, It works well if the toothpaste have the effect for whitening)
    -Clothe,(white color clothe so you can see the toothpaste actually working)
    -a little bit amount of water

Okay all you need is take a little bit amount of toothpaste, use your finger apply it evenly on the area, rub on it, after about 10 second of rubbing use the clothe to continue rubbing until you see your keyboard start to turn to normal color as you purchase after rubbing the toothpaste should be dry up but no worries it will leave no stain, use another clothe dip in a little bit amount of water(very little, don't deep in too much else the water will accidentally drip in to the keyboard). and rub on the area.

you can see actually the keyboard start to turn to white color, repeat the sequence to achieve the maximum result that you desire. I try it how about you?

Let me know if its work on yours?
    cheers.

cheers.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have to say other then the original classic macintoshs, I've not seen any yellowing on any of my macs. Besides putting water and MBP together is a risky proposition.

3. tahugejerot thread starter macrumors newbie

Not putting water my dear, use the clothe dip in a lil bit of water, semi dry you get what i mean? and rub on it. well eventually for some people their keypad turn yellowish or there are some stubborn stain on the keyboard.

4. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor